Monday, April 09, 2007

Calling all law librarians: Your insights needed!

Hello, law librarians! I'm going to be giving a talk to a law library association in June and I'm doing some "market research" in preparation. I'd like to know what marketing topics keep you awake at night (or, at least those that would keep your interest for an hour!). I'm also curious to know about your work environment - what kind of library you work in, what pressures you face, what communication channels you use, and anything at all that would be of help. Also, what do you wish you knew about marketing and what would you like your marketing to accomplish for you? I have a pretty good idea about the academic setting, though I welcome input on that front as well, but I'm less knowledgeable about other settings such as law firms. I'm finding some useful information in my research, but there's nothing like some personal anecdotes to help me put things in perspective. In a nutshell, I'm looking for some insights into the life of a law librarian and any feedback would be much appreciated! Please leave a comment, e-mail me, or let me know a good time to call you. THANKS!

No comments: