Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A new book describes what we need to succeed

I recently received an e-mail from librarian Dennie Heye who informed me he has written his first book entitled, Characteristics of the Successful 21st Century Information Professional, which addresses a number of marketing topics. As Heye describes, "Marketing is a key element in our jobs as information professional. In my book there are several chapters related to marketing in the book, such as: marketing yourself, presentation skills, creativity and adding value. Each chapter has practical tips which can be used immediately." Heye works in a corporate setting and also has a Marketing degree. While I have not read the book yet myself, I am happy to pass along work librarians are doing in the area of Marketing. You can read more about the book and the author at Amazon.

Categories: must_reads

No comments: