Friday, August 26, 2005

A great pyramid

Mplans.com's featured article of the week is called The Strategy Pyramid. Perched at the top of the pyramid is your strategy, followed by tactics and programs. The goal, according to the author, is achieving strategic alignment wherein you match up all parts of the pyramid so that they make sense, and your resources are allocated accordingly. For example, if your main strategy is to enhance your online research tools, are your money and energy being funneled in that direction? Or do other distractions get in the way? The pyramid and related article can help you get a mental picture of how you can achieve your goals.

If you're like me and don't have budget authority, the pyramid can be a great way to organize your marketing work. I'm guessing that most of us are always eager to get involved in any and every project, which, at least in my case, can sometimes mean that I spread myself too thin or get sidetracked from my orignal goals. In those instances, being choosy about what we devote ourselves to, while difficult, can be an effective means of moving forward with our strategy.

No comments: