Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Got advice?

The "Got Milk" guy had some interesting advice to share with advertisers. In his interview with Business Week, Jeff Goodby discussed the elements of a great ad campaign. One of my favorite insights is, "People are the best ad medium I know of. When you get a person to wear and talk your brand in a positive way, that's what we are all aiming for. If you don't create advertising that is welcomed, I don't see how you get there." Goodby also talked about the responsibilities advertisers bear in producing ads that are a part of people's everyday environment and that those messages should be welcomed, not scorned.

In library land, I think many of us suffer from poster pollution, and that's why these innovative ways of leveraging patrons' word-of-mouth and being selective and thoughtful in how we use advertising appeal to me.

Categories: must_reads

No comments: