Friday, April 14, 2006

Marketers seeking librarians

I was pretty thrilled to see this post from MarketingProf's Daily Fix blog called Opening Doors Without Key(word)s. The author pointed out that there are some things Google just can't find and that it's often hard to figure out which keywords to use if you're not quite sure what you're looking for (I am not making this up!). He also expressed remorse for the loss of the print card catalog as it lent itself to accidental discoveries (is this sentiment refreshing or what?!). Anyway, I had to post a comment reminding readers that librarians help people negotiate research questions all the time and that our online card catalogs do allow for discovery and are searchable even when you don't have complete information. Anyway, give it a read and just ignore my overuse of the word "great" in my comment. :)

Categories: must_reads

No comments: